Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cliff May Homes Brochure




Vintage "Cliff May homes" brochure from 1953. Cliff May "The Father of the California Ranch Home" designed many unique homes here in California. Cliff May homes are known for their indoor-outdoor living, floor-to-ceiling windows and glass gable ends bringing in the natural light, creating a perfect balance of bringing the outside in and the inside out. There is a Cliff May track in Pomona, Ca. I have been by there and seems there are some homeowners restoring these homes back to their original state. My choice would be "The Laguna"!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a great follower of Cliff May and I am glad to see homeowners restoring their homes in Pomona called the Westmont Estates. However, there is a home in Claremont designed in 1939 by Cliff May. He designed it for the Cowan family of Chicago. It's at the corner of 11th and Oxford. Although in the Spanish style, it's an early example of Cliff May's work and should not be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I know exactly which house you are talking about and I was unaware that it was designed by Cliff May. I think there may be another Cliff May on Butte St. here in Claremont, at least in looks like one of his. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this brochure (three years ago). I currently live in a Cliff May in Eugene, OR. We are restoring it to it's gorgeous mid-century charm.

    ReplyDelete